Job Title:Delivery Driver
Location:Fort Myers, FL
Date Posted:September 11, 2023
Robb & Stucky Furniture and Interiors has a position available for a full time Delivery Driver. Our Delivery Drivers are responsible for delivering finished products to customers. Loading and unloading the trucks in a safe and timely manner according to company procedures. Minimizes delays and reports any problems. Special projects to be completed as assigned. This position entails heavy lifting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for efficiently and effectively delivering product orders to customers.
a. Reviews paperwork for completeness and accuracy. Checks orders for the correct number of pieces, correct addresses, and support documentation.
b. Checks load onto the delivery truck. Follows established loading procedures.
c. Drives truck to customer homes as directed by delivery documents.
d. Unloads the delivery as required by the client/designer. Leaves the appropriate paperwork and secures the required signatures on delivery documents.
2. Assumes responsibility for efficiently picking up supplies and equipment as needed.
a. Picks up furniture/donations from clients.
b. Loads pick-ups onto the delivery truck. Follows established loading procedures.
c. Unloads furniture at the warehouse.
d. Checks in the product in driver return. Assists warehouse personnel in proper placement of supplies.
e. Completes and files related paperwork.
3. Assumes responsibility for performing driving and loading functions in compliance with Company safety regulations.
a. Loads and unloads orders and supplies carefully and safely.
b. Follows all established safety standards.
c. Seeks to promote safe operations with area staff and customer and store personnel.
4. Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective communication and coordination with management personnel, customers, and vendors.
a. Keeps management and dispatch informed of all activities and of any significant problems.
b. Maintains regular contact with Customer Service to obtain information and/or correct problems.
c. Completes required forms and paperwork accurately and according to Company procedures.
d. Maintains the Company’s professional reputation.
5. Assumes other related duties as required or assigned.
a. Keeps vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure.
b. Performs special projects as required.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Reimbursement Account, 401(K) Matching, Holiday and Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Validated Driver's License
- Knowledge of the geographical area.
- Understanding of Company safety standards.
- One to two years of furniture delivery experience.
- Interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to apply safety standards.
- Safe driving skills. Ability to drive large delivery trucks.
Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Upload Your Resume
Upload your resume to apply for this position. The uploaded document should be in PDF format. Please include your name, email address and phone number.
file_uploadDrop files here...