Job Title:Furniture Refinisher/Deluxer
Location:Fort Myers, FL
Date Posted:February 24, 2020
The Furniture Refinisher/Deluxer is Responsible for ensuring all items scheduled for delivery are prepared to Company’s standards for use and appearance. Completes related documentation and paperwork. Deluxing functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective completion of assigned Deluxing and repairing functions.
a. Inspects items and makes any repairs to piece that are needed.
b. Checks and verifies pieces. Checks that all hardware is with the piece. Promptly obtains all item parts necessary to complete repair.
c. Checks that all lighting, drawers and other hardware are in perfect working condition.
2. Assumes responsibility for the effective and timely completion of repair functions.
a. Makes any repairs needed on items before loaded for delivery.
b. Ensures that outgoing orders are complete and correct.
c. Is responsible for all tools and supplies assigned to him or her at all times.
3. Assumes responsibility for ensuring that deluxing and repair functions are completed in accordance with Company policies, procedures, and standards.
a. Follows safety and quality standards.
b. Meets deadlines.
4. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining good communication, coordination and working relations with Company personnel and with management.
a. Reports quality problems to Quality Control Supervisor.
b. Completes repairs accurately and timely.
c. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns. Identifies problems and provides suggestions.
d. Attends meetings as required.
5. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Ensures that the work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
b. Completes special projects as assigned.
1. All items repaired are processed timely and in accordance with schedules.
2. Repairs are accurate and timely.
3. Good coordination and communication exist with quality control personnel. Assistance is provided as needed.
4. Repair functions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures and with Company quality and safety standards.
5. Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent.
Required Knowledge: Knowledge of repair of furniture pieces procedures and standards.
Understanding of related repair applications.
Experience Required: Furniture repair experience helpful.
Skills/Abilities: Well organized and attentive to detail.
Able to coordinate well with others.
Able to operate hand tools.
Job Type: Full-time