Furniture Delivery Driver
Job Title:Furniture Delivery Driver
Location:Fort Myers, FL
Date Posted:April 15, 2021
- SIGN ON BONUS! -
Our Furniture Delivery Drivers are responsible for delivering finished products to customers. Loading and unloading the trucks in a safe and timely manner according to company procedures. Minimizes delays and reports problems. Completes special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for efficiently and effectively delivering product orders to customers.
a. Reviews paperwork for completeness and accuracy. Checks orders for the correct number of pieces, correct addresses, and support documentation.
b. Checks load onto the delivery truck. Follows established loading procedures.
c. Drives truck to customer homes as directed by delivery documents.
d. Unloads the delivery as required by the client/designer. Leaves the appropriate paperwork and secures the required signatures on delivery documents.
2. Assumes responsibility for efficiently picking up supplies and equipment as needed.
a. Picks up furniture/donations from clients.
b. Loads pick-ups onto the delivery truck. Follows established loading procedures.
c. Unloads furniture at the warehouse.
d. Checks in the product in driver return. Assists warehouse personnel in proper placement of supplies.
e. Completes and files related paperwork.
3. Assumes responsibility for performing driving and loading functions in compliance with Company safety regulations.
a. Loads and unloads orders and supplies carefully and safely.
b. Follows all established safety standards.
c. Seeks to promote safe operations with area staff and customer and store personnel.
4. Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective communication and coordination with management personnel, customers, and vendors.
a. Keeps management and dispatch informed of all activities and of any significant problems.
b. Maintains regular contact with Customer Service to obtain information and/or correct problems.
c. Completes required forms and paperwork accurately and according to Company procedures.
d. Maintains the Company’s professional reputation.
5. Assumes other related duties as required or assigned.
a. Keeps vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure.
b. Performs special projects as required.
- Validated Driver's License (DOT Approved)
- Knowledge of the geographical area.
- Understanding of Company safety standards.
- One to two years of furniture delivery experience.
- Interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to apply safety standards.
- Safe driving skills. Ability to drive large delivery trucks.
Balancing: May involve walking, standing, and/or crouching on narrow, slippery, or moving surfaces.
Stooping: Bending downward and forward at the waist. Requires full use of lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling: Resting on a knee or knees.
Crouching: Bending downward and forward at the leg and spine.
Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing: For extended time periods.
Walking: Especially for long distances.
Pushing: Using the upper body to press against something with steady force.
Pulling: Using the upper body to draw, drag, haul, or tug objects.
Lifting: Use of upper body and back muscles to lift objects.
Grasping: Using fingers and palm on an object.
Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Repetitive Motions: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
Fine, Acute Visual Abilities: Fine visual acuity with the ability to inspect closely or to assemble small parts; color vision; or depth perception and/or field of vision.
Physical Strength: Very Heavy Work; exerting up to 350 pounds of force occasionally or in excess of50 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
Working Conditions: Worker is subject to changing inside and/or outside temperatures which may include extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees) or to air-conditioned spaces. Works both inside and outside. Subject to the weather. Frequent local travel.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
Face masks and social distancing are required at this time.
Great BENEFITS include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, HRA, STD, LTD, 401k, vacation, personal, holiday pay, and more!
Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time