Job Title:Forklift Operator
Location:Fort Myers, FL
Date Posted:November 19, 2021
The Forklift Operator is responsible for the stocking and pulling of merchandise for deliveries, transfers and new receiving. Completes related documentation. Moves items and finished goods to appropriate areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assists in the effective completion of assigned forklift and warehouse functions.
- Ensures all merchandise is placed in racks neatly and safely on front edge of racks.
- Checks the racks to ensure all items are properly placed.
- Ensures that all goods are appropriately packaged, labeled and tagged before storage or delivery.
- Moves materials and finished goods to production or storage areas.
- Identifies, tracks and resolves receiving errors or discrepancies.
- Assists in the effective and timely completion of shipping functions.
- Prepares and follows safe and careful procedures in the handling and transferring of items.
- Completes proper paperwork for discrepancies in inventory.
- Assists with Warehouse and forklift functions are completed in accordance with Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Follows safety and quality standards.
- Meets deadlines.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining good communication, coordination and working relations with Company personnel and with management.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns. Identifies problems and provides suggestions.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- All materials are processed timely and in accordance with schedules.
- Orders are processed as scheduled.
- Reports and records are accurate and timely.
- Effective coordination and communication exist with area personnel. Assistance is provided as needed.
- Forklift and warehouse functions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures and with Company quality and safety standards.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent.
OSHA Lift Certification required.
Required Knowledge: The loading or unloading of product. Forklift use.
Experience Required: Shipping, receiving, and inventory control experience helpful.
Skills/Abilities: Well organized and attentive to detail. Able to coordinate well with others. Quality orientation. Able to operate handcart.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
STOOPING: Bending downward and forward at the waist. Requires full use of lower extremities and back muscles.
REACHING: Extending hand (s) and arm (s) in any direction.
WALKING: Especially for long distances.
LIFTING: Use of upper body and back muscles to lift objects.
FINGER DEXTERITY: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
TALKING: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Very Heavy work; exerts up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and 50 lbs. constantly.
Works inside, non-air conditioning.
Drug Free Workplace/EOE
Upload Your Resume
Upload your resume to apply for this position. The uploaded document should be in PDF format. Please include your name, email address and phone number.
file_uploadDrop files here...