Computer Support Technician
Job Title:Computer Support Technician
Location:Fort Myers, FL
Date Posted:October 12, 2021
Robb and Stucky is looking for a Computer Support Technician, responsible for repairing, maintaining, upgrading, and installing computers and related peripheral equipment. Performs diagnostic testing to determine source of problems and makes necessary repairs. Ensures preventive maintenance schedules are followed. Efficiently handles installation of add on components, sets up and configures new workstations, and provides advice to end users on hardware and related peripherals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for troubleshooting, analyzing problems, and making repairs on computers and peripheral equipment.
a. Gathers information from users detailing equipment problems with servers, personal computers, printers, and disk drives. Operates equipment to check reported problems or errors.
b. Determines if problem is hardware or software related.
c. Reloads software or adjusts settings to correct software problems.
d. Disassembles machines to perform tests on hardware systems and components, and analyzes test information to determine cause of problems.
e. Replaces defective parts or makes repairs as necessary to solve problems, and tests machines after repairs are made to ensure adequate problem resolution.
f. Keeps detailed records of repairs, calibrations, and tests.
2. Assumes responsibility for performing preventive and diagnostic maintenance on computers, systems, and peripheral equipment.
a. Performs routine preventive and diagnostic procedures. Follows manufacturer’s recommended schedule of maintenance.
b. Checks, cleans, and adjusts mechanical and electronic elements.
c. Checks for loose connections, defective components, and faulty circuits.
d. Keeps accurate and detailed records of maintenance services performed.
3. Assumes responsibility for setting up and installing new workstations, peripheral equipment and for performing upgrades on existing equipment.
a. Analyzes cable needs for new equipment and lays cable appropriately.
b. Sets up, assembles, and installs new systems and equipment. Actively tries to minimize downtime of systems.
c. Upgrades memory, network and video cards, drives, etc. on existing equipment.
d. Performs testing to ensure equipment performs correctly.
e. Keeps complete records of installations and upgrades.
4. Assumes responsibility for the appropriate use, maintenance, and storage of testing equipment, repair tools, and parts inventory.
a. Performs adjustments on testing equipment to ensure accurate measurements.
b. Ensures testing equipment and repair tools are secured when not in use.
c. Maintains adequate parts inventory. Orders when necessary. Keeps detailed records of parts used.
5. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel and management.
a. Assists and supports departments as required.
b. Communicates politely and efficiently with users regarding equipment problems.
c. Directs questions to the correct department when needed.
d. Ensures customer satisfaction with resolution of issues
e. Follows up with customer to ensure that problem is still resolved and that there are no new issues.
f. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
g. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
h. Completes reports, records, and other documentation as required.
6. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Performs daily morning system check.
b. Prints Accounts Payable checks as requested by the AP department.
c. Remains up-to-date on technological changes in equipment and repair techniques.
d. Ensures Department work and storage areas are clean, secure, and well maintained.
e. Completes special projects as assigned.
1. Equipment and computer problems are correctly diagnosed and solved.
2. Machine maintenance is performed according to established schedules.
3. New equipment is correctly installed and put into use.
4. System upgrades and repairs are made with a minimum amount of downtime.
5. Strong customer service orientation. Users’ concerns are promptly addressed and problems effectively resolved.
6. Required reports, records, and documentation are complete and current.
7. Management is appropriately informed of area activities.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Two years experience in a related field. Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: High degree of technical aptitude. Thorough knowledge of computer parts, applications, and telecommunication systems. Knowledge of appropriate testing and repair equipment. Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: One or more years of related computer equipment repair experience preferred.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Ability to operate necessary testing and repair equipment. Good research and problem solving skills.
Great BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, FSA, HRA, Life, 401k, PTO, and more!
Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Upload Your Resume
Upload your resume to apply for this position. The uploaded document should be in PDF format. Please include your name, email address and phone number.
file_uploadDrop files here...